We are using quantum field theoretical tools to investigate many-body quantum systems. The focus of our research is set on ultracold quantum gases nowadays prepared and studied in many laboratories world-wide, including our own within our Synthetic Quantum Systems group at the Kirchhoff-Institut für Physik, and those within the Heidelberg Center for Quantum Dynamics. Dynamical properties of many-body systems far from equilibrium are at the centre of our attention.
Head of the group: Thomas Gasenzer
Our research topics include...
- ...ultracold quantum gases far from equilibrium,
- ...dynamical critical phenomena and quantum turbulence,
- ...highly correlated quantum systems and entanglement,
- ...dynamics in exactly solvable models,
- ...the breaking of the parity symmetry in atoms.
We are member of...
|...the Synthetic Quantum Systems Group – SynQS|
|...the Heidelberg Center for Quantum Dynamics – CQD|
|...the EU FET-Proactive consortium – AQuS (as Coordinator)|
|...the ExtreMe Matter Institute – EMMI|
|...the SFB 1225 - Isolated quantum systems and universality in extreme conditions (ISOQUANT)|
|...the Excellence Cluster STRUCTURES|