Experimental Foundations and Applications of Quantum Phenomena
Call for applications currently open! (deadline Nov 21st, 2018): link to the application webpage
Successful applicants will form a research group in the frame of the GRADUATE SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME (GSSP) by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) hosted at the Heidelberg Graduate School of Fundamental Physics (HGSFP). In order to further foster internationalisation of the HGSFP, initiate new collaborations, and to support students from the African academic systems, the project focuses on funding early stage researchers from Africa.
Tentative list of potential PhD projects (supervisors)
- Generation of entanglement near a quantum phase transition (Oberthaler, Enss)
- Quantum effects in single molecular magnets probed by high-frequency ESR spectroscopy and high-field magnetization studies (Klingeler, Na Liu)
- Dynamic plasmonic nano-architectures (Na Liu, Jochim)
- Microscopic nature of atomic tunneling systems (Enss, Weidemüller)
- Role of interfaces in device physics of perovskite photovoltaics (Vaynzof, Klingeler)
- Imaging photon interactions with structured light (Weidemüller, Vaynzof)
Open positions: The German Academic Exchange Serve DAAD offers four stipends, two to be filled in 2019 and 2020, respectively. Calls for applications will be announced in late summer/autumn on the HGSFP webpages. Please send your application with all relevant documents to the respective supervisor or apply via the HGSFP application portal. Please consider the admission requirements.