Solid State Magnetism
- To get insight into fundamentals of magnetism in solids.
- To learn about principles of advanced experimental methods and their interpretation.
- To understand the basic concepts to treat magnetic many particle systems and its implications.
- To apply this knowledge to understand and to assess modern research trends in condensed matter physics.
- To understand relevant applications of magnetic materials
Lecturer: Prof. Rüdiger Klingeler
Location: Kirchhoff-Institute for Physics INF 227 / Seminarraum 1.403/4
Time: Thu 11:15 - 12:45 h
SWS: 3; Credit Points: 4
Tutorials: Bi-weekly on Wednesday, 14:00 - 15:30 h, INF 227 / SR 3.402
Tutor: Dr. Changhyun Koo
Link to online registration: Here
- Magnetism and electronic properties of atoms and ions
- Electronic properties of solids, crystal field theory
- Magnetism in metals, micro- and nanomagnetism
- Magnetism in insulators, magnetic interactions
- Collective phenomena: spin ordering and phase transitions
- Magnetoresistive Effects: Spintronics
- Quantum Magnetism