Methods & Equipment
- High-pressure (150 bar) TSFZ-single crystal growth
- Soft chemistry synthesis of self-organised nanostructures (Microwave-assisted and conventional hydrothermal synthesis)
- Tube and chamber furnaces with gas regulation system
- Planetary Ball Mill PM 100, ATM polishing device Saphir 520, 24 place microlitre centrifuge Hettich Mikro 22R, Glovebox GS, diamond saw, presses, etc.
- Powder XRD (collaboration with H.-P. Meyer)
- Surface area measurements by the BET method
- Scanning Electron Microscopy SEM / EDX
- Polarisation Microscopy
Magnetic Properties and Thermodynamics
- Thermal expansion and magnetostriction
- 18 T Magnet with VTI
- DC-Magnetometry - SQUID magnetometers
- Micro-Hall magnetometry
- X-band ESR (collaboration with P. Comba/H.-J. Himmel)
- High-frequency Electron Spin Resonance
- Application of AC magnetic fields (Specific absorption rate for hyperthermia)
- Ultra-low temperature specific heat at 8 mK - 4 K (collaboration with C. Enss)
- Magnetic susceptibility 8 mK - 4 K (collaboration with C. Enss)
- VSM magnetometry up to 16T (collaboration with B. Büchner)
- mSR spectroscopy (as a user)
- Potentiometry (Cyclic voltammetry, GITT)
- Impedance Spectroscopy
5 LATEST PUBLICATIONS
- Zigzag spin structure in ...
A.I. Kurbakov* et al, Phys. Rev. B 96, 024417 (2017)
- Anisotropy governed compe...
J. Werner et al, Phys. Rev. B 95, 214414 (2017)
- A three-pronged attack to...
S.F.M. Schmidt et al, Inorg. Chem. 56, 4796–4806 (2017)
- Preparation of hierarchic...
Z. Li* et al, J. Mater. Chem. A 5, 3987-3994 (2017)
- A carbon-nanotube based n...
A. Bajpai* et al, Carbon 114, 291-300 (2017)