Steffen Hohmann (2005)
Stepwise Evolutionary Training Strategies for Hardware Neural Networks
- DNA double-helix strand with blinking "bad" and "good" genes.
- Recycle-bin for sorted out genes.
- A beautiful Iris flower, since Steffen's work dealt with the classification of those.
- Janus-faced picture of Charles Darwin.
- Standard nylon doctoral hat
- Two strong pieces of aluminum wire
- Wooden sticks of different color
- Colored mini LEDs with blinking electronics
- Plastic iris flower
- Cardboard cup with plastic sheet
- Happy and frowning faces printed on cardboard
- 9V block cell
On October 19th 2005, the picture below was printed on the third page of a chinese daily newspaper called "21st Century". Nobody knows how they got it and why they printed it. A friendly student working in China found it and sent an exemplar of the newspaper to Steffen. It can be marvelled at in our lab :)